Sunday, May 4, 2014

At Babi's in Kladno



   We got to my mom’s place around 5:30 PM on April 17, 2014. We called Vlada to let him and Blanka know we were here.  A short while later Vlada surprised us when he arrived on his bike.



   We just want to take a few days to recover from travelling before we go on a trips. We spent the next few days just hanging out. We made a few trips to the mall right behind mom’s apartment building. We went there mostly to get groceries but we also had some Chinese at the food court and the kids are riding horses. They have little horses that move by the rider moving up and down. The kids can ride them anywhere around the mall. The horses were an instant hit with the kids. 
 
 

   We are learning to shop for groceries. Since I am the food-nazi in the family, I read the labels. I am learning the labeling system here where all food additives are listed as numbers starting with an E. Generally, I look for items that do not have any Es but some of the E numbers represent additives we are willing to take a chance on (like sodium nitrate) and some that we would not eat at all (food colors). It is a learning process. 
   
    Food was one of my big worries before the trip. I was stressing about it as – especially on the cruise – I had no control over what goes into our food. I settled my mind on the fact that we will focus on making sure that Stevie gets gluten and dairy free food and we avoided anything clearly colored. I think we have done really well considering the circumstances. The only food issue that came up was that in our hotel in Rome they provided apricot juice boxes for breakfast. It was just juice with no additives and the kids loved it. Therefore we bought some more in Austria. Hannah’s face broke out horribly. No more apricots for little girl. Once we got to Kladno, we bought some almond oil and that healed it up right away. Almond oil is amazing. Nothing helps her skin heal as well as pure almond oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment